Humanizing Online Teaching and Learning
Stories from the participants of the #HumanMOOC
The book is a collection of chapters written by the participants of a free open course on the Canvas Open Network entitled Humanizing Online Instruction. In the course a variety of methods for increasing presence in online courses were shared in this multi-institutional, international, online professional learning opportunity.
- 1. Design Intent and Iteration: The #HumanMOOC
- 2. Where’s the Teacher? Defining the Role of Instructor Presence in Social Presence and Cognition in Online Education
- 3. Let’s talk: Effectively Communicating with your Online Students
- 4. Voice and Video Instructor Feedback to Enhance Instructor Presence
- 5. Using Video to Humanize Online Instruction
- 6. Social Learning in Online Environments
- 7. Designing-in Social Learning: A Potpourri from Open Professional Development Practices and how Aristotle, Socrates and Plato can help
- 8. The Transformational Use of Video in Online Learning
- 9. Affordances of Technology to Humanize Instruction
- 10. Humanizing Online Instruction in Undergraduate Business Education
- 11. Bringing Out the Human in Synchronous and Asynchronous Media for Learning
Humanizing Online Teaching and Learning by Whitney Kilgore is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.